[Solved] Post Crash audio tracks missing wave data graphics

sean72

My audio device lost sync and Cakewalk hanged amd computer had to be rebooted. When Cakewalk was relaunched all recorded wav data from the last session (about 4 tracks worth) show just a flat line in the audio track where the wavform graphic should be. Even though I had saved prior to the crash and Cakewalk should have saved a record of those tracks waveform data but apparently it did not. All other tracks in the project recorded prior to the last session still have their waveform data showing. 

The tracks that do not have any audio waveform graphic still contain audio though. I tried right clicking Associated audio files recompute pictures but that only seems to be working on a couple of the tracks other ones are still showing a flat line even after I do recompute pictures multiple times on them. 

Edited by sean72

Find your Picture Cache (which is typically C:\Cakewalk Projects\Picture Cache but you'll find its location in Preferences > Audio Data > Picture Folder) and, while Cakewalk is closed, delete all of the contents. The next time you open Cakewalk and load your project, it'll rebuild all of the waveform pictures. Note: it'll do this for all of your projects, but honestly it's pretty quick and it's not a bad idea to give your cache a clean every now and then anyway.

Edited by Lord Tim

Thanks I will try that. 

EDIT:  I didn't have to try that, I shut Cake walk down and reopened it after I had right clicked on all of the audio clips and gone into Associated audio files and recomputed pictures. All of the graphics that had not loaded the first time I did that loaded up on relaunch..

Edited by sean72
  • Like 1