Cakewalk crashing when closing a project

Aaron Lietz

Question

Each time I close a particular project in Cakewalk the whole program crashes saying "Not Responding" and the windows wheel spins forever. I am using Win 10. If I use Task Manager to shut it down, after reopening it then states there are no audio devices and my interface no longer shows in the preferences area. I then have to shut down my interface software (Focusrite Clarrett), and power it down, or I have to restart my PC. Any help? 

CWERRORagain.PNG

5 answers to this question

What have you tried so far?

I am assuming you have rebooted, updated your Focusrite Clarett drivers and that your PC is as fully patched as t can be.

I am also assuming that the Focusrite Clarett is not on a non powered hub.  Rather, plugged into a powered hub or ,preferably, on a USB port on the back of your PC.  Also, on some PCs, it's better to have your audio interface on a USB2 port (black rather than blue).  However, my Focusrite 2i2 is on a blue USB port and I have never had this issue.

Also, it could be a plugin that particular project uses.....

Probably unrelated but have you disabled all USB power savings in device manager.

23 hours ago, Promidi said:

What have you tried so far?

I am assuming you have rebooted, updated your Focusrite Clarett drivers and that your PC is as fully patched as t can be.

I am also assuming that the Focusrite Clarett is not on a non powered hub.  Rather, plugged into a powered hub or ,preferably, on a USB port on the back of your PC.  Also, on some PCs, it's better to have your audio interface on a USB2 port (black rather than blue).  However, my Focusrite 2i2 is on a blue USB port and I have never had this issue.

Also, it could be a plugin that particular project uses.....

Probably unrelated but have you disabled all USB power savings in device manager.

I have tried those first things, or already did them but not the last one. It's really weird. I will try it. The drivers are updated. Actually, I don't know what "patched" means, really. The Clarett is using power from a plug (not just USB), have to check if it's plugged into blue or black. I didn't have any before. It started happening all of a sudden. Hmmm.