Nectar 3 Harmony Module MIDI Control

Bill Phillips

Question

I can't seem to get satisfactory results using MIDI keyboard entry to select harmonies. See screen shot.

1. I added a MIDI track with my MPK49 as the input.
  2. I enabled MIDI in in the Nectar VST3 dropdown
  3. I enabled MIDI in the Harmony module.
  4. I deleted existing nodes on the Harmony XY grid.
  5. I selected Nectar 3.1 as the MIDI output.
  6. Once that was done nodes 5-8 apeared on the XY in the Harmony module but they don't seem to respond to keyboard notes played.
  7. When I play and hold a note while the song is playing I can hear that note faintly playing behind the song but I don't see any notes being added or moving on the XY grid.

I've looked for but can't find any Cakewalk specific help other than a 2015 Cakewalk Forum post that told me about the Enable MIDI In option on the VST3 dropdown. iZotope seems to default to the "?" mark help screens in their videos but that help screen for me opens the iZotope Nectar help page.

I did find this for setting up Nectar 2 MIDI control for supported DAWs. Looks pretty much like what I did.

Ok. I went back and poked around some more. Nodes 1-4 were hiding under nodes 5 & 6. I'm guessing nodes were added each time I was able to get MIDI working. So I spread them out. I moved the MIDI fader to 127 and selected Voices only in the harmony module to better hear what the MIDI keyboard was doing. Looks like the MIDI notes set the node note values overriding the note values entered in the nodes. The nodes do glow. So it looks like it works more or less.

Anybody else using this feature? What's been your experience? Are you getting the same results I am?

s8ahApB.png

Edited by Bill Phillips
Updated based on additional testing
  • Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet