Temporary freeze when starting playback with certain VSTs

JaredTheBro

Question

Whenever I click the play button in Cakewalk, the application will freeze for over 5 seconds before finally starting to play the music. This only happens when I use a VST from the Spitfire Studio Brass library with Kontakt. However, I have no idea how to fix that long freeze, as it's very annoying to have to wait every time I want to hear the song. In addition, playing a video in Cakewalk also causes this freeze, and it stacks with the first one, making it even worse. Any ideas or specific settings that I'm forgetting about?

Edited by JaredTheBro
New information

3 answers to this question

On 12/3/2022 at 7:13 AM, JaredTheBro said:

Whenever I click the play button in Cakewalk, the application will freeze for over 5 seconds before finally starting to play the music. This only happens when I use a VST from the Nashville Scoring Strings library with Kontakt. However, I have no idea how to fix that long freeze, as it's very annoying to have to wait every time I want to hear the song. In addition, playing a video in Cakewalk also causes this freeze, and it stacks with the first one, making it even worse. Any ideas or specific settings that I'm forgetting about?

Is the very first note of your project on the very first measure?

Well, I have just noticed that I misplaced the blame on the VST causing the problem. I edited the original post to reflect this, but after further testing, I discovered that Nashville Scoring Strings is not causing the freeze. Instead, the Spitfire Studio Brass library of VSTs appears to be the one causing the freezing, and the freeze gets longer with each instance of a VST from that library that I have running.