Moving part of a track over WITHOUT highlighting and moving all of it

Willbur

Question

Hi

Got some questions, first the one that's driving me crazy right now.  I'm trying to move over part of a MIDI track so i can insert a note of two, so I highlight thru end, what i want is now selected but when I try to grab the track to move it over it automatically highlights the entire track so i can't move anything.  Tried it a dozen times and it still won't work, done this before so i know it should work.

Next question, to delete some time at the start of a song I highlight what i want deleted go to edit delete special put a check in all the options and nothing happens except the highlight is gone what i selected is still there, not deleted, so we try again, same thing, but on the third try it makes the edit and deletes the space.  WHY do I have to do this every time, it is the ONLY way I've found that works to delete space at the start of a track.

Next question, at home my install of cakewalk is different from this laptop, when i look at the staff view I have square note heads, my icons for pedal sustain are an envelope and something else slightly weird that i can't remember now.  I've tried to figure out how to change it looked through all the menus but I can't make a change that um,, will change it ?  I can also never delete any spaces in tracks on my home computer, the only way i can delete anything on it is to have a note there to delete too.  Tried to re-install to see if that would fix it but no that would be too simple for simple me.  I also seem to be good and somehow highlighting everything so that on a very regular basis i have to go edit unselect every few minutes to prevent accidentally deleting everything.

Don't get me wrong i like Cakewalk it's what I've been using for a long time but not often enough to learn it, apparently...

2 answers to this question