Loop getting out of sync

Esteban Villanova

Hi, 

So, I dragged a loop, stretched to fit project tempo, bounced, made into groove clip, looped section, changed tempo and it all works fine.

But if I use AudioSnap / Clip follows project, instead of Groove Clip, the loop goes out of sync with the metronome when the loop restarts. It changes tempo to fit the project, but it gets increasingly ouft of sync after each repetition.

Make sure the mode is Autostretch before enabling Clip Follows Project and set the Online rendering algorithm to 'Groove'. I've found the Elastique algorithms can get weird in certain situations, especially with percussive/rhythmic parts. I've only ever reproduced a progressive loop sync error like that once, and it was so slight (samples per iteration) that it took hundreds of iterations to get to a 20ms delay.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, David Baay said:

Make sure the mode is Autostretch before enabling Clip Follows Project and set the Online rendering algorithm to 'Groove'. I've found the Elastique algorithms can get weird in certain situations, especially with percussive/rhythmic parts. I've only ever reproduced a progressive loop sync error like that once, and it was so slight (samples per iteration) that it took hundreds of iterations to get to a 20ms delay.

Thanks, that solved the problem! I had no idea about the different modes, will have to research a bit.

Do you know if there’s a way to make every clip to follow project by default? Everything that I record and import will be streched during the project and would like it to be the default behavior like in Studio One and REAPER. Thanks for the help!