Bug report: drag & dropping multiple tracks into folder reverses their order [FIXED IN 2022.06 Update 1]

GreenLight

EDIT: I just saw this was fixed in the latest version. I will upgrade. :) Please move on.

EDIT2: This is still a bug with 2022.06 build 028. It works as expected with the right click "Move To Folder" option.

Drag and dropping multiple tracks into a track folder reverses their order, see video below. Can anyone reproduce?

920986984_movetrackintofolderbug.gif.058ffc63b0b2c690ae00be0807fb99da.gif

I am on Cakewalk 2022.02 Build 039. I know it's not optimal for bug reporting that I'm not on the latest, sorry!

Edited by GreenLight
Edit 1: Bad user experience. :) Edit 2: Still a bug!

• GreenLight changed the title to Ignore this - unnecessary post.
  • GreenLight changed the title to Bug report: moving multiple tracks into folder reverses their order
1 hour ago, Lord Tim said:

Ha, edited as I was replying. :)

I just upgraded - it is in fact still a bug in 2022.06 build 028. :) The order is correct if you use the right click "Move To Folder" option, this is what was fixed in 2022.06 I guess, but drag-and-dropping still reverses the order.

• GreenLight changed the title to Bug report: drag & dropping multiple tracks into folder reverses their order

Interesting. Yeah, I was the guy who reported the broken move to folder thing and it looked like it was fixed. But there's definitely something funky still going on that I'm able to reproduce now that I'm trying a few tests, even more so than what you're seeing. Let me hunt down a dev and chase up our last chat. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Tim said:

Interesting. Yeah, I was the guy who reported the broken move to folder thing and it looked like it was fixed. But there's definitely something funky still going on that I'm able to reproduce now that I'm trying a few tests, even more so than what you're seeing. Let me hunt down a dev and chase up our last chat. :) 

Brilliant, great work! :D You can always refer them to the animated GIF at the top in this thread, if needed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

I haven't had a chance to try this out yet to see if it's solved the issues I came across but see how you go with this, @GreenLight

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/48070-cakewalk-202206-update-1-early-access/

Wow, the Baker's were fast with this bugfix, they probably just came back refreshed from vacation. :)🏝️☀️

Will try this tomorrow!

• GreenLight changed the title to Bug report: drag & dropping multiple tracks into folder reverses their order [FIXED IN 2022.06 Update 1]