How to update Melodyne trial?

Hello All

I hope this isn't a dumb question.

I have Cakewalk by BandLab Ver 2022.02 Build 038, 64 bit installed on my Windows 10 laptop. I have the trial version of Melodyne 4 Studio downloaded through Cakewalk using BandLab Assistant, though I have not activated it (I had activated the trial on an earlier install, but I moved Cakewalk to another computer).

I was thinking about purchasing Melodyne 5 Assistant - currently on sale. What is the procedure for this?

If I download the purchased version onto my computer, does it automatically update in Cakewalk, or is there something I have to do to use the purchased version of Melodyne through Cakewalk? Is there a special version of Melodyne 5 Assistant I have to download -something specific for use in a DAW. Or is there just one version that I can use a stand alone or through Cakewalk?

I don't want to spend the money and find that only that an expired trial version of Melodyne Studio 4 (assuming I activate it) is stuck in Cakewalk. Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it

TonyG

Only one version of Melodyne may be installed on a PC. 

The Melodyne 5 installer should detect the old version of Melodyne and remove it before installing 5.

CbB uses the regular Melodyne VST3 plug-in.

The features available in the plug-in depend on the license purchased from Celemony.

• Thanks 1