Nektar Pacer - for transport control

Hey folks,

I searched the forum but didn't find anything on this, so hope it's not a repeat thread.

Anyone have experience using a Nektar Pacer floorboard to control CakeWalk, DAW and/or instruments?  Looks like it could be pretty darn helpful.

Later,

49 minutes ago, Hadex Jones said:

Anyone have experience using a Nektar Pacer floorboard to control CakeWalk, DAW and/or instruments?  Looks like it could be pretty darn helpful.

I don't have that unit, but there is some possible good news in the upcoming release of Cakewalk 2022.06, currently available as an Early Access download.

This  new feature worked very well for me with a different brand of controller that is Cubase compatible, but never worked very well with Cakewalk before. With the controller set to Cubase DAW Mode, and with Cubase Mode selected in the revised Cakewalk Control Surface definition it's 99% compatible for me now. :)

Mackie control surface improvements

The Mackie Control surface includes several new enhancements.

New compatibility modes

• In addition to the recommended Cakewalk/SONAR mode, the Mackie Control surface now supports two extra emulation modes that can be used if your control surface does not provide a dedicated Cakewalk/SONAR mode:
  • Mackie Control Universal (Universal Mode). Emulates Mackie’s default button layout.
  • Mackie Control Universal (Cubase Mode). Emulates Mackie’s Cubase/Nuendo button layout.

The NEKTAR is Mackie Control Universal (MCU) compatible, and NEKTAR DAW integration supports Cubase. So this might work! Give it a try! There are a few bugs in the Early Access that have already been reported, and fixes are being pushed into the final release, so you may want to wait until then.

• Like 1