Can I install Dimension Pro without installing previous versions of Cakewalk?

RexRed

I would like to install Dimension and Rapture and all of my vsts from previous Cakewalk versions that I have bought.

I just don't want the DAWs along with them.

It makes me nervous that .dlls and other vital files may be corrupted by the old version installs. 

Edited by RexRed

Yes, Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic are separate full installers.

Most legacy Cakewalk plug-ins may be installed without installing the DAW, but it is impossible to install all the bundled plug-ins with SONAR without installing Platinum and a version containing V-Vocal.

Legacy Cakewalk DAWs and CbB run fine on the same machine at least through Win10. I have not tested Win11. Regardless of the OS, there is nothing in a properly installed series of Cakewalk DAWs and CbB that can affect the stability of CbB .

Nothing has changed since

• Like 1

Okay I think I figured out Dimension pro and Rapture they have their own install exe's

What about the Cakewalk chorus and the Blue effects and Sonitus?

I didn't notice your post SCook. 

Thanks for the info! I will read your link as well!

Best to you! 

Edited by RexRed

Nomad Factory Blue Tubes or Blue Cat?

The Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Bundle is in the Studio Mixing FX Suite under SONAR Platinum in the Cakewalk Command Center.

Go to the Blue Cat website for their software.

WOW! I didn't notice the dropdown under Cakewalk thank you for the awesome help Scook!

That should complete my setup!

I don't really need V-Vocal at least for now.

If I do I will worry about that later.

When I opened Platinum, the insert audio track happened instantly.

I still have a bit of lag in Cakewalk by Bandlab when inserting tracks but it is much better than it was. 

Thanks @scook!   This is  very timely.  I have a new DAW arriving soon, and have been trying to figure out how to install the old SONAR VST and VSTi along with Cakewalk by Bandlab.  I've spent a lot of time this evening going through old posts.  Fortunately, my old Cakewalk Products account still works. 

Thanks @RexRed for asking the questions.  Looks like I should download the old command center on the new DAW too.

Yes Tom B the old Command Center is the charm.

I found a link on a Cakewalk site where the Command Center would not download.

But I Googled "Cakewalk Command Center" and found a link on a Cakewalk site that worked.

I installed Cakewalk by Bandlab first then installed the items from the Cakewalk Command Center.

Scook you give awesome support here!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 10:12 AM, RexRed said:

Yes Tom B the old Command Center is the charm.

I found a link on a Cakewalk site where the Command Center would not download.

But I Googled "Cakewalk Command Center" and found a link on a Cakewalk site that worked.

I installed Cakewalk by Bandlab first then installed the items from the Cakewalk Command Center.

Scook you give awesome support here!

I recently cleaned Cakewalk by BL but lost DI pro, Rapture and others. I tried to install  command center, but get a message that it cant download securely. At a loss right now. I was able to install DI pro but it would not accept the matching code.

Edited by Bob Lyn
Missed a point.

7 minutes ago, scook said:

Looks OK to me.

Possibly Win11 security needs to be relaxed a little for this download and install.

I don't have access to a machine with Win11 installed.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

3 hours ago, Bob Lyn said:

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

So, It still would not work for W11. I had another computer with W10. I was able to download to a memory stick then on to my main computer.  Pulled Rapture right up.

Thank you all for the help.

12 minutes ago, Bob Lyn said:

Thank you all for the help.

You are welcome.

Keep the CCC installer and the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads" in a safe place.

By default, CCC stores a copy of every installer it downloads into this folder. If you used CCC on another machine and never purge the folder all of the installers will be there too.

When CCC is asked to install something, the first place it looks for the installer is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads" and if the installer is there, CCC will use it, otherwise; CCC has to download it.

Reading this that’s the first thing came to mind is what sSteve said above. Back when Gibson dropped the bomb there were lots of threads about how to carry on into the future. 

Making backup copies of all our included software and Plugins was one of them 

I have that whole CCC download folder stored in probably 10 locations! It’s worth a lot of money. 

When I rebuild I just plug in the back drive and first install CCC  I then copy all the content from the back up download folder to the new folder that CCC created. Then I don’t need to wait for downloads the software just installs quickly and no need for internet.