Fade/Mix it like a DJ 😎

Freddie

I want to mix many different songs one after the other, like a DJ does. With appropriate transitions etc. Is it possible to use Cakewalk for this? Inserting a beatgrid seems a bit difficult to me. Is there a better way to do my "project DJ mixing". Of course you could do it in the DJ software and then record it. But for that you would have to go through the whole set error-free without a break in between. I want to mix an hour of music into each other without breaks.

Thank you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

5 hours ago, John Vere said:

Seems all you need to do is drag each song into cakewalk and drag them so the end of one overlaps and will automatically cross fades with the start of the next. 

Thank you for your answer. Crossfade would be too simple. Transitions must be as inaudible as possible. That means the tempo of e.g. two songs must be the same and the beat must be aligned. You also need loops and effects to connect different genres with each other. 

In my DJ program Serato, the songs are already stored with a beatgrid that absolutely fits the beat. Too bad that the tempo tag (ID3-bpm) is not read out when importing. It would be even better if you could take over the beatgrid, which is already stored in the ID3 tag. That would speed up the remix and much more.  

6 hours ago, bdickens said:

I'm sure you could do it, but Cakewalk seems like overkill....

I don't think so, because that's not only crossfade 😉

I know exactly what you’re trying to do and Cakewalk could do this if you’re an advanced user and with a lot of fuss. It’s up to you.
My first move would be if you can do this with your DJ software,  then use it!  Then record your set into Audacity. You could even edit mistakes there. 
You could even use Audacity for the whole thing but just like Cakewalk you will need to dig deeper into advanced features. 
Use the software that works and was designed for the task. 
It’s only fault is it might not have a “Export set” function. Possibly there is a DJ program that does this you can look into if your doing this for money it will be worth the investment. 
Ask the question on a DJ forum.