Exported song sounds different from playback in Cakewalk

Jan Dirk vd Meulen

Question

Something is troubling me for days now. I've been using cakewalk for years but never had this problem. 

The song/file  sounds fantastic in Cakewalk,  but when I play it on any other way outside Cakewalk, it looses a lot of volume and quite some reverb.   I have already RE-exported it as a wavefile in cakewalk and then the wave-file still sounds great.  When I export the file  I have tried all different pre-sets. I  even tried " what you hear- real time audible", but that doesnt work. (see screenshout beneath for my regular export settings )

I've played the wav file with the same soundcard and speakers on windowsmediaplayer. In my car, on my I-phone but it doesnt sound the same as in Cakewalk. What is going on!?image.thumb.png.42290966368cf5895a28d162cd4f0a15.png

image.png

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jan Dirk vd Meulen said:

Something is troubling me for days now. I've been using cakewalk for years but never had this problem. 

The song/file  sounds fantastic in Cakewalk,  but when I play it on any other way outside Cakewalk, it looses a lot of volume and quite some reverb.   I have already RE-exported it as a wavefile in cakewalk and then the wave-file still sounds great.  When I export the file  I have tried all different pre-sets. I  even tried " what you hear- real time audible", but that doesnt work. (see screenshout beneath for my regular export settings )

I've played the wav file with the same soundcard and speakers on windowsmediaplayer. In my car, on my I-phone but it doesnt sound the same as in Cakewalk. What is going on!?image.thumb.png.42290966368cf5895a28d162cd4f0a15.png

image.png

There could be a lot of reasons for this. Plugins, Gain staging, faders, hidden automations, bus volumes its an endless guessing game. While on this note: Have you tried out the new Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW version?