Drums out of time/missing when I export to mp3/wav?

James C.

Question

Hi,

I'm new to music recording, production, and all the rest of it, incredibly amateur, but I've been finding my way around cakewalk great. However, the main problem I'm encountering that I can't quite solve myself, has been this exporting glitch. I've finished creating my project, but when I export it and listen to the mp3 (or wav, I've tried with both), the drums start earlier than in the project? As well as this, at certain points in the project the drums will just stop for a bit, and then continue, despite it being a continous loop.

Any advice? I can provide greater detail if needed, but I dont know what people may need. I can attach the mp3 if it might help, but it is my amateur attempt at extreme metal, so... just focus on the drums lmao. You can hear how they start early, and drop out at points.

Thanks!

Death Cult.mp3

Edited by James C.

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum.
What soft synth are you using for the drums? Or are you using the computer's Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth?
Is there audio and MIDI?
Are there any other soft synths in the project?
I typically 'Bounce To Tracks' a mix in the same project to see if there are any problems before exporting.
Are you using Fast Bounce?