Which SSD to put OS and Audio on-Pict included

Pathfinder

So. finally almost done with this new build, thanks to help from this forum. I did research about partioning nvme m.2 drives and got mostly mixed reviews-leaning towards the difference in speed will be nanoseconds maybe.

My comcern is NOT speed.  I need to install a clean(or migrate win 10x64 for now. Currently (not in picture, OS is on pretty old Samsung ssd 250 GB-SATA 2.5".
Disk #3, partitoned 50/50 is where I hoped to put OS on 1 partition and Audio recordings o the other.  Is this OK? Dumb? Not a good idea because?

I have one empty nvme m.2 slot but it's partaily UNDER the graphics card. I can get one in there but NO ROOM for any type of heatsing? So? I do have a new Samsung 500GB 980 nvme m.2 sitting on my desk. I did think about a Startech adapter to use the spare 980 in a PCIe slot-might even be able to put a small heatsink on it.

I apologiz for my long winded post but I am almost there and really would like to be done. I hope I am not asking too many questions!
OK I don't really need the games (well Tomb Raider) but I don't see where that makes a difference here.
 I also am aware that the OS drive should be GPT not MBR, but I have not figured where it's going yet so I left it as MBR for now-

EDIT: I completely understand (HONEST) if I do not get a reply, not your everyday question and probably confusing somewhat due to my trying to explain. 🙂 

Thanks

AOMEI PA.PNG

Edited by Pathfinder
Clarity

GPT should not be forgotten... especially in case boot settings have compatibility mode enabled, so during installation the system/Windows can decide to use legacy boot instead of UEFI, and that is looking for possible troubles in the future (and sometimes in present).

From my knowledge, splitting disks make sense in case you want backup/restore them separately. On 3 generations of my computers I never had a wish to re-install OS from scratch but keep something on the same disk. But many times there was a wish some disk is not split (on foreign computers), the situation when one partition is full while other is not is inconvenient. The difference in speed/safety/integrity is virtually zero (for solid state disks).

• Like 1