Cakewalk does not want to download and update via Bandlab Assistant and cannot start!

Тимур Гиев

Question

Good time and good mood to everyone!)) I ask for help, a matter of life and death, so to speak) 😅 In general, first I will describe the problem, and the background and the list of measures taken to solve it will be below. Problem: Cakewalk does not want to download and update via Bandlab Assistant, as it shows the latest version, although the program is removed from the laptop (WIndows 10). Screenshot for explanation. Now history, in short, everything was like this: I bought a Korg Nanokontrol-BK controller, this is its first model, not to be confused with Nanokontrol2! I connected it to Cake, got to work with ACT, chose some kind of remote control in the settings in the "Consoles" item, poked something, now I won't say for sure. After that, Cake either flew out or I closed it myself to test the controller in Ableton. So after the closure, Cakewalk began to take off instantly! That is, I launch it (on behalf of the Administrator the same thing), it opens and immediately closes, without even loading the initial screen! I decided to update it, went to Assistant, start the download, but it doesn't download anything, after a while the download just stops! I decided to do a laptop system recovery - it did not help. Then I decided to reinstall Cake - it didn't work. I deleted it and decided to download it again, but found that Assistant did not see that I had deleted it! It offers to update and install individual Add-ons that I have removed, which it detects as being removed. I decided to return everything back, that is, to do the restoration again in order to delete it through the Assistant. Before that, I deleted some of Cake's folders, but nothing changed. After a second restoration, the Uninstall programs disappeared and had to be removed manually. After that, I got into the office support, found a link to Google Drive with the latest version, downloaded, installed and the program did not start at all, when trying to start it wrote that some files were missing. When trying to reinstall Cakewalk again, the installer offered to install only additional packages, detecting that Cake is installed, although it is removed! As you can see in the photo, the Assistant offers to open the program, although it is deleted, and when you press the button, this window pops up. Help please, I cannot understand what is the matter (There are guesses that the problem is in the registry, but is it so? And if so, what and how to clean it then? I don’t want to reset the computer to the factory settings, and I’m not sure that this I don’t understand how the controller connection affected Cake’s work ?! Is this even possible, maybe it just coincided? Because in Ableton the controller functions correctly and Ableton itself also works. What happened to Cake and how to fix it, that's the question ? 🧐 Please, help me!))) And sorry for my Google Translate, if something is wrong:)э

Снимок экрана (570).png

Edited by Тимур Гиев

1 answer to this question