Possible to Change Name of Cakewalk Workspace Folder?

Jerry Gerber

The default name of the folder is "user". If I change the name to "Cakewalk Workspaces" Cakewalk won't recognize the location of my custom workspaces.  I want to change the name so that when I use Quick Access in Windows I see "Cakewalk Workspaces" rather than "user".  It worked before but now I cannot get it to work.

I went into the Registry (I'm fairly familiar with it) to seek out where Cakewalk defines the location for user-created workspaces but cannot find it.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jerry

Edited by jsg

It's not clear why you would ever need to do this? It's generally not a good idea to mess with Cakewalks utility folders. Is there a reason you need to even go into these folders? You can do everything needed from within the Workspace drop down menu. Use the Workspace Manager to make changes and you can delete your own custom spaces but not the factory ones. 

Screenshot (251).png

14 hours ago, John Vere said:

It's not clear why you would ever need to do this? It's generally not a good idea to mess with Cakewalks utility folders. Is there a reason you need to even go into these folders? You can do everything needed from within the Workspace drop down menu. Use the Workspace Manager to make changes and you can delete your own custom spaces but not the factory ones. 

Screenshot (251).png

I want to do this because when I pin this often-used folder to Quick Access, I can't change the pinned name, which is "user".  There are many CW folders that we can move around, in PREFERENCES-FILE-FOLDER LOCATIONS we can change names of some folders and move others to different locations. 

I actually got it to say Cakewalk Workspaces in the pinned folders (Quick Access) but now I don't know how I got it to work.  I bet there's a way, I just don't know what it is.

UPDATE:  I figured out how to do it:

1.  Go to App Data=Roaming-Cakewalk-Cakewalk Core-Lenses. 

2.  Make a shortcut from the Lenses-User folder on to the desktop. Change this shortcut name to Cakewalk Workspaces.

3.  Drag this short cut to the pinned folder on the Explorer folder icon on the taskbar.

4.  Move it up or down within the list under Quick Access if you like folders in a certain order.  Now, the real folder "user", has the name that CW needs to function, but the name in the pinned list is "Cakewalk Workspaces". 

That's how to do it without confusing Cakewalk.

Edited by jsg