New AI for me-Weird issue? SOLVED-Personal stupidity!

Pathfinder

So after over a decade of Echo Layla 3G I bought a Focusrite 18i20. Things were\are going along fine until I plugged  a spare mic (Audix OM7) into INPUT 4 of the 18i20. 

Then ran output 4 to a small mixer . I have been using a mixer for monitoring in small home studio for many, many years. Not the same mixer of course.

So I can sit and record guitar, playback projects midi and audio. I can ALSO sing thru OM7 and all sounds ok. 

BUT, INPUT 4 is NOT even shown as an option in CW input drop down menu for recording????? Just really use OM7 for testing how I sound, etc.

In Focusrite control panel input and output of channel 4 are set the same as my guitar(which records and monitors perfectly.  Analogue 4 in input settings and output, same as guitar.

Volume is turned up on 18i20, etc.  Hoping it is just something stupid I have or am doing! I am using directrouting. So it is sending out the signal to my mixer for monitoring fine, so I would assume the input is working actually. Frustrated.

Could the input be bad?

Thanks

Edited by Pathfinder

Time to call it a night. Once again sorry.

I should post though that it was a stereo\mono whatever issue. Input 3 has my ACTUAL recording mic input and output so 4 was not available in drop down menu, 3 was of course.

I moved the test\monitor OM7 mic to input 7 on 18i20 an routed to mixer accordingly and all is fine.

So much to learn about this 18i20............

Edited by Pathfinder