Recording Issue - crackle

Alan Russell

I noticed recently having the latest version of Windows 11 that when I am ready to record or do another take of a live audio track, a glitch gets printed  right after I press record.  to rid of the glitch, I have to delete it on the track.   I did go to the Midi play and record in preferences and upped the samples to 128 - so far it works but I am skeptical.  I am using the TYROS 5 and the Yamaha A06 mixer.   comments are welcome..

Alan Russell 

6BB4917CCF12458FB8E4AEC9C8050B8B_12074_aThe Yamaha AG06 is a proper audio interface. It uses a Stienberg ASIO driver. Make sure you install that and use ASIO mode. 

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/interfaces/ag_series/downloads.html

Actually a very nifty interface. I used to have a 16 channel Yamaha mixer with the same drivers and it was very solid with Cakewalk. You’re definitely going to need to read the manual for this one. 

Edited by John Vere

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 12:09 PM, John Vere said:

Here’s the two videos one about proper audio settings and one about midi settings. 

Hi, I was having an issue which was similar to OP, as I've had glitches when doing multitrack audio recording.
Actually playback had many glitches during recording, but when only reproducing it was ok.
Also I was having glitches on recorded audio, even if it was one single track project.

Fortunately John Vere video tutorial helped me to configure CbB properly.
My audio interface was working on a low latency for my system so I increased it to 256 samples.
Also I disabled Read and Write Caching on Audio - Sync and Caching in Preferences and set both Playback and Record I/O buffers at 256 KB.

That seems to work! Thanks @John Vere for this nice tutorial!
I'm going to read CbB documentation to understand better how it works.

Best regards

Glad to help. There are lots of tutorials in the tutorial sub forum here. A great way to get better at Cakewalk is spend 20 minutes a day  watching a few. 
Id say for me I’ve learned a lot just reading this forum every day. But videos seem to be the popular choice for learning these days. Just be aware that there can also be outdated and misleading info in some. Try and watch the newest ones. 

• Like 1