Cakewalk Hangs When Auditioning Quantize

Mark Bastable

Question

4 answers to this question

@Promidi

Certainly. Sorry for the offhand tone of the question.

Version 2021.06, Build 53, Windows 10  running on  sixmonth old  Lenovo laptop with 16gig of memory.

Quantize works fine, and instantaneously.

Audition Quantize  gives the Circling Blue Doughnut  of Thought, forever. Well, fifteen minutes is the longest I’ve left it before killing the Cakewalk process.

Edited by Mark Bastable

4 minutes ago, Mark Bastable said:

@Promidi

Certainly. Sorry for the offhand tone of the question.

Version 2021.06, Build 53, Winfows 10  running on  suxmonth old  Lenovo laptop with 16gig of memory.

Quantize works fine, and instantaneously.

Audition Quantize  gives the Circling Blue Doughnut  of Thought, forever. Well, fifteen minutes is the longest I’ve left it before killing the Cakewalk process.

What synth are you playing with the MIDI track?

Just to make sure nothing was introduced with the Cakewalk early release (I am on early release 2021.9 Build 99) I did another test.

This time with TruePianos with some notes intentionally off by a bit.   I opened the quantise and set the Quantise duration to 16th and set it to affect the start times.

When I hit “Audition”, the selected notes temporarily shifted to their quantised start times and played the result (as expected)

So, as we speak, and with a fresh test,  I am not having the issues you are describing.

Does this hang happen on any synth (or even a straight MIDI track that is routed to external gear)?