Console Strips colour no longer follows colour of Bus

Mark Bastable

Question

3 answers to this question

I just tried it here (PC and CbB as per sig) and it works

Just to confirm, are you directing the in/out to the bus or a send?

Here, directing the in/out to the bus changes the colour of the directed track.  The “Send to” does not change the colour of the track (never has I believe).

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

I just tried it here (PC and CbB as per sig) and it works

Just to confirm, are you directing the in/out to the bus or a send?

Here, directing the in/out to the bus changes the colour of the directed track.  The “Send to” does not change the colour of the track (never has I believe).

Aha!

That's it.

Right, so what's the difference functionally? Is that SEND TO sends it pre-fader, and OUT sends it, as it were, at the bottom of the strip? And if that is it, what's the difference between SEND TO with post-fader switched on and simply sending it from OUT?

38 minutes ago, Mark Bastable said:

Right, so what's the difference functionally? Is that SEND TO sends it pre-fader, and OUT sends it, as it were, at the bottom of the strip? And if that is it, what's the difference between SEND TO with post-fader switched on and simply sending it from OUT?

One difference between in/out destination and Sends is that you can use sends to route the audio from the track to multiple destinations. 

If you have multiple different coloured buses as the multiple destinations, Cakewalk would not be able decide which colour to make the track.

This diagram might explain the routing possibilities in Cakewalk:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Mixing.07.html