IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

There's just a handful of their software titles I don't already have but I think I could think of 5 or 6 to get.

I see that you can use jam points for your initial purchase...does this lower the value of what your freebies can be.

I mean if I buy something that's $199 but use jam points...can I still get other freebies that are $199??

Curious minds want to know!!!

1 minute ago, Steve Patrick said:I see that you can use jam points for your initial purchase...does this lower the value of what your freebies can be.

I mean if I buy something that's $199 but use jam points...can I still get other freebies that are $199

Correct, value you paid will be considered as $199.  This is what I did.

• Like 2

Here's a good post on the KVR Audio Buy & Sell Forum:

“How to Maximize the Value of the IK Multimedia Group Buy”

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8187676&sid=89dd75e7ad627c6f9f41d9d3985a6940#p8187676

It provides specific recommendations.

"So, here's what I think you should do. Option 1 is for new customers, while Option 2 is for existing IK customers. Options 3 and 4 are bigger and better possibilities for either existing or new customers."

It even links to a spreadsheet that's more complete than the one I had created.

Check it out.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you made a choice inadvertently and no longer want that to be among your choices, I'm sure IK Support can assist.  Thank you.

20 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

@Bapu I hope that the nice people at IK support can solve your request!

Yes, they did.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Great!  I really thought I replied to your last message.  I had brought your post to the attention of our Support Manager yesterday, too.  Glad it is sorted.

With that I now (only) don't own the newest ST-4 libs that are not considered freebies in this group buy.

5 minutes ago, Bapu said:

With that I now (only) don't own the newest ST-4 libs that are not considered freebies in this group buy.

The Resonator and which others?  The Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik libraries are part of the group buy - not the collections but each of the instruments from those are available.

Edit - simulposted with Lars

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bapu said:

The only new one not in the Group Buy is The Resonator.
The Cinekinetik and Electromagnetik are in the Group Buy, but only as Singles,
not the bundle.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

@Peter - IK MultimediaQuestion: if I already own AT 4 MAX, and AT 5 CS, and I add all of the remaining AT gear collections that I don't have, is there any point to upgrading/crossgrading to a full AT 5 version? Or is the core app the same for all AT 5 versions, including CS?

While your current AT4 Max products will work in AT5 CS, they will not get the benefit of the new IR's,
as those only come with AT 5 Full version (only a handful come with SE) if I remember correctly

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

@Peter - IK MultimediaQuestion: if I already own AT 4 MAX, and AT 5 CS, and I add all of the remaining AT gear collections that I don't have, is there any point to upgrading/crossgrading to a full AT 5 version? Or is the core app the same for all AT 5 versions, including CS?

You would want to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 or SE to get the great new VIR™ technology (the 140,000+ IRs with the new cabinet technology) and 600 IRs per speaker vs 16 + the tech view, 57 simultaneous models (vs 24), post-mixer and DI stomp positioning, 3 simultaneous amps (vs 2), custom IR loader, mixer, plus the new gear added to v5 which is quite nice.  I think I posted the video demo of just that gear above but if I didn't let me know and I can grab it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You would want to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 or SE to get the great new VIR™ technology (the 140,000+ IRs with the new cabinet technology) and 600 IRs per speaker vs 16 + the tech view, 57 simultaneous models (vs 24), post-mixer and DI stomp positioning, 3 simultaneous amps (vs 2), custom IR loader, mixer, plus the new gear added to v5 which is quite nice.  I think I posted the video demo of just that gear above but if I didn't let me know and I can grab it.

Isn't the new gear added to v5 available a la carte via the v5 Custom Shop?  Would this v5 gear actually function differently in SE vs. CS?

30 minutes ago, cclarry said:

While your current AT4 Max products will work in AT5 CS, they will not get the benefit of the new IR's,
as those only come with AT 5 Full version (only a handful come with SE) if I remember correctly

Not really asking about the v4 gear, but rather the a la carte v5 gear in the Custom Shop, and how it would work in AT 5 CS.

Edited by abacab

On 8/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, abacab said:

Not really asking about the v4 gear, but rather the a la carte v5 gear in the Custom Shop, and how it would work in AT 5 CS.

Your AT4 stuff gets updated for AT5 but the degree of functionality varies per AT5 version.
Maybe this will help answer your question:
image.thumb.png.10b8c66f187a0d91d8b88275acf01271.png

More info: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

What for?

I was going to say: download the demo and try it to see if it's worth for you. Unfortunately, I checked, and there is no demo. 😕

I guess you have to go on faith then. Since AT4, IK spent a lot of time developing an improved cabinet emulation technology and redid all the cabinet responses of all their cabinets (except a few that were badly ruined in a flood). They even created a special machine to automatically create a ton of IRs with different microphones, position and angles.

Now its up to you to decide if you think all that work did improve the sound quality enough and if it is relevant for you. It truly depends on how much you use Amplitube and if it would make enough of a difference for you or you are happy with the AT4 technology.

You can watch a video about VIR here: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TheStevenMy ARC 3 just arrived; MEMS mic and Registration Card in a box marked CROSSGRADE.
When I registered the Serial Number, the ARC 3 software and TRackS5 Deluxe showed up in My Products.
I now have 4 product coupons available in PROMOTIONS (soon to be 5 and then who knows?...).

HTH,

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2