Cakewalk won't start !!!

Gene Lee

Question

Hello all~

I installed the cakewalk today, but the mp3 sound wasn't coming out so I changed the options on a playback menu under preference.

In a playback option menu, ASIO was initially selected but because there was no sound coming outta my speaker I tried the first one on top (it has WDM/KS, ASIO, MME but I can't remember which one I chose) and then the program tried to search something and then program was quit automatically. So I tried to turn on the program again and then I get this window (look at the image) and it tried to search for a new driver or something and then like few seconds later the program quits by itself. Now I can't even open the program at all.

Can anyone help me solve this problem???

KakaoTalk_20210718_145640563.jpg

3 answers to this question

It would help immensely if you could tell us what audio interface you have.

Also, what was the result when you downloaded and installed the latest driver for said audio interface (I am assuming that’s the first thing you tried)

Note: If there are native ASIO drivers available for your audio interface comes, ASIO is the preferred driver mode.

2 minutes ago, Gene Lee said:

I use Focusrite 6i6. I chose Focusrite's driver and playback was for ASIO mp3 was still not being heard through the speaker

Define “the speaker”

The Focusrite's driver is the correct driver and this does support ASIO mode in Cakewalk (and any other DAW that supports ASIO).

I have the Focusrite 2i2 and I can play MP3 files though the 2i2 using any program whether Cakewalk is opened or closed.

Everywhere where you can set the sample rate, bit depth and buffer size, make sure they are set to the the same values.

Check the Windows Sound settings Start + Run (or Winkey + R) > mmsys.cpl. 

Confirm your default sound device. I have 2 sound devices, the Focusrite 2i2 is set as the default.  Its sample rate is 48000hz 24 bit, 256 samples buffer size.

How exactly are you attempting to playing your MP3 file? Which program?

Any details you can give would be helpful.