A Soft Parade

Wookiee

A Soft Parade

An instrumental using only Softube Instruments.

ARP Pattern from the Model 72 (MINI Moog)
Squelchy swirling Pad in part 2 Model 84 Polyphonic (Juno 6)
Bass from the MONOment Bass
Lead in Part 3 from Statement Lead
Jangly Pad in part 3 Parallels
Marching drum Pattern, complete with Machine gun Drum Rolls, from Heartbeat

Thank for listening, I hope you enjoy.

• Like 5

Hey nice one, held the interest! I noticed you used Heartbeat, and while the machine-gun snare in your song was the only thing I didn't really dig asmuch, I was wondering how you found using Heartbeat in general? I've looked it over a little . . .

Loved the composition.

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

@PhonoBrainer Thanks Tom, Heartbeat hum I only have it as I got as part of a deal because I own Softubes Modular (joke). I used it here because I wanted to restrict myself to only Softube synths, if I am honest it is not my go to for electronic drums.  Can it do the job yes but in some ways they have tried to be to clever with it which has had a negative affect overall.

If you own a modular system like Cherry Audio VM I would normally use that. If you do not their VM + Electro Drums is $99 against Softubes Heartbeat $139
The big advantage of Cherry Audio's deal is you get the Core to their Voltage Modular, which includes a sequencer plus real electronic drums as against Softubes which is a mixture of Electronic and Samples, with no sequencing software.  All in all I find Softubes Modular attempts poor in comparison with Cherry Audio's, I mean Polyphonic Modular come on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

@Bajan Blue thank you Nigel it was a bit of silly fun.

You stay well and avoid those numpties that appear hell bent on stirring the brown sticky stuff.

Thanks my friend - at the moment we seem OK in Cape Town - all the real bad stuff has been in Joburg and Durban - just hoping it doesn't spread our way!!!!

• Like 1

I liked the lighthearted sound of this number.  It certainly put a smile on my face.  I have had a contentious relationship with synths and MIDI.  Because of that I always admire those, such as you, that can create such wonderful sounds.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2021 at 7:24 AM, David Sprouse said:

I'm thinking putting on the Ritz by taco. This is great wookie, you make synths so expressive.

Thank you, your latest composition was engaging and an interesting listen too.