Recording Orchestral Pedal Harp -mic placement

I need professional help, and preferably somebody who has already been there, done that. I am recording an orchestral pedal harp soon and though of course have read much on google, wanted first hand experiences how to avoid the pedal shifting, yet getting a warm, full sound. 
 My only available mics are two AKG SE300B/CK91 combos, and a Blue Woodpecker. The Woodpecker is figure 8 and lovely on voice and acoustic instruments.
 Anyone actually done this?

I’ve never recorded that instrument but I’ve had my share of noisy instruments. It becomes a compromise between wanting ambient sound and close in mike technique.
To bad you don’t have a giant collection of mikes. That’s what it usually involves. Trying as many mikes and types of mikes until you get a good sound but with as little of the noise as possible. The mike placement becomes a lot trickier. 
I would put all my mikes on it and record as many tracks as possible and then solo and pick the best. You might need to blend 6 tracks to achieve a nice sound 
I would also make sure to record just that noise so you can use that as a tool when you go to edit

Edited by John Vere