Is anyone using the Zoom LiveTrak L-20 as a Audio Interface/Control Surface?

I just purchased a Zoom LiveTrak L-20. I replaced a Zoom R24, which interacted great with Cakewalk by Bandlab.

A couple of questions:

1. Can you use this unit as a control surface? and if so how would you set it up? I can't find any information on this. 

2. As an audio interface, the inputs listed in Cakewalk are not very intuitive. Can I rename them so they are clearer?

i.e. Input 1, Input 2, Input 3... instead of the way they are by default (See attached image)

Zoom Inputs.jpg

As far as I can see the Zoom LiveTrack L-20 doesn't work as a control surface.  It provides audio over USB, but no MIDI.

You can rename the audio ports in Preferences, by enabling Friendly Names and editing the name in the areas shown below:

image.png.cbbfb32e935fbd8e4b45a0f167fc00d7.png

The Inputs and Outputs are shown as stereo pairs - to name each "side" of the pair, use the | character to separate the odd and even channel names  (SHIFT +  backslash).

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm trying to get my L-20 to work with Cakewalk as an audio interface but can only get Left/Right & Stereo options - This using the ZOOM Driver downloaded from their website under Windows 11. 

Jason appears to be using an ASIO Driver - anyone know where this can be obtained?

Thanks

Alan