CW Bandlab Won't Play Tracks

Steve Fundy

Question

Hello All. I am a long time CW user back as far as Pro Audio 3. I have been recording a project recently, and now, after it opens and all tracks etc are loaded, all that happens is the pointer and "round circle of windows thinking" alternates every second or 2 and I cannot play anything. I thought maybe it was due to the fact that this project has 24 track of audio & plugins/and Kontakt, so I tried a simple 2 track project. Same issue. I am wondering if it was a recent windows update? Anyone else having this problem?

This machine while fairly old has been rock solid. I have a quad core intel i3at 2.62 G with 4G ram. 3 MOTU soundcards (2408's mk3/mk2). It's even impossible to begin a new project. I created a new "test" and couldn't even get it to stop the "round & round" with no audio loaded. HELP! I have an important project in limbo!

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Steve Fundy said:

...., and now, after it opens and all tracks etc are loaded, all that happens is the pointer and "round circle of windows thinking" alternates every second or 2 and I cannot play anything. .............................Anyone else having this problem?

This machine while fairly old has been rock solid. I have a quad core intel i3at 2.62 G with 4G ram. 3 MOTU soundcards (2408's mk3/mk2). It's even impossible to begin a new project. I created a new "test" and couldn't even get it to stop the "round & round" with no audio loaded. HELP! I have an important project in limbo!

From your description, the first thing you might want to try is uninstall and reinstall your hardware drivers (on mine , the 21H1 feature update reverted my Nvidia drivers to January 2021).  Also make sure your samplerate, bit depth and buffer size are the same every where.

What version, build of Windows and CbB (Numerically - don't just say “The latest” )

There has been a Windows 10 feature update recently, so that might have made changes to your drivers and configuration.  This feature update also re-enabled my USB power saving that I intentionally had disabled.

Aloha from Hawaii Promidi. I have solved the problem. I had a funny feeling that an update might be the culprit. I don't know for sure, but all was working 2 weeks ago right before last update. I decided to see if Sound Forge would play audio and it did not. Right then I knew it had nothing to do with CW & probably a windows/sound device issue. I opened MOTU audio control panel and unchecked something about "allow to use RT audio". It had always been set that way. Bam problem gone. Sorry, I didn't consider listing the version of windows etc, but I do appreciate your advice. 

Aloha,

Steve