Issue with nudging by absolute time with tempo changes in a project

Promidi

Question

Hi people

I have CbB 2021.4 Build 175 with a PC as per my signature.

Many of my projects have multiple tempo changes throughout the project that differ from the initial tempo.

I have found that if I nudge MIDI events by absolute time (like 2000 milliseconds) at various points in the project, the Event moves by the same absolute time amount - even if its original position is after a tempo change.

That is, if I nudge a MIDI Note that occurs after a tempo change, the MIDI Note is moved only taking into account the initial tempo, not the current tempo.

This issue does not occur in 2021.1 Build 98

I have lodged a ticket with CbB support and they claim they cannot replicate the issue (I even sent them a video specifically showing the issue)

CbB Support can now replicate this issue.

I am wondering if someone with CbB 2021.4 Build 175 can do a quick test of this for me.

I have created a file that can be used to demonstrate this issue.  There are two notes therein.  Nudging each note by 2 seconds should move the note by a different amount because of the tempo change between the notes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11N1Swz_K56woWIppFd_WhJghlCToOiXL/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Promidi

1 answer to this question