Ozone 9 Advanced plugins do not appear in Cakewalk

Chevy

Just bought Ozone 9 Advanced, loaded it up, and it runs successfully as a stand-alone entity.  However, the individual plugins don't appear in Cakewalk for some reason.  I've tried re-scanning all plugins,  but still no success.

I have Ozone 8 Advanced, Ozone 9 Elements and those plugins all show up in Cakewalk.

Gotta be something simple... any ideas ?

Using the plug-in browser set the layout to one of the "Sort by " layouts supplied with the DAW and search for "ozone 9"

If the plug-ins are there, make sure any custom layouts are updated. Only the "Sort by" layouts supplied with the DAW are automatically updated.

If the plug-ins are not found it is likely a scanning issue.

Are the plug-ins in the scan path? Verify the plug-ins are somewhere under the paths shown in preferences.

Was the scanner run after adding the plug-ins?

Do the plug-ins show up in the scan log? To generate a scan log, select "Generate Scan Log" and click the scan button in preferences.

OK Scook,  you're right on the money !   Problem solved.

Took a fair bit of looking, as I didn't know what I was doing...  I walked thru all your steps and still didn't get it going...   I could see the Ozone 9 Advanced .dll files being scanned while the scan was in progress, but they still did not show up as scanned and registering in Cakewalk.

I had to do a file search on Win 10 to find the right Ozone 9 files folder path.  Turns out that the path I added to the paths to be scanned needed an extra   "/izotope" added after the "/vst3" folder in the path. 

Why this is this way, I have no idea.  Why would these new Ozone 9 .dll files not just be added to the existing Ozone 8 .dll's files folder?  Or - why didn't Cakewalk pick them up in the same path anyways ?

If the Ozone 9 plug-ins are VST3 and installed under the default VST3 folder they should be picked up by the scanner.

The scanner traverses all the folders under the paths defined in the VST scan path.

VST2 plug-ins installed in the VST3 scan path are ignored. This is by design. In the default VST3 path, only files with a .vst3 extension are scanned. Files with a .dll extension are skipped.