record transposing instrument

Hopital

If I use the Key+ in the Inspector to record a transposing instrument (-2 for clarinet in B flat)
with a midi keyboard, the partition view seems correct (1 flat/F for flute ,1 sharp/G for B flat clarinet) , but it result an unwanted polytonality between the non-transposing and transposing instruments during the record.

The VST is TTS-1.

Curiously , when I replay the project , everything is OK !

My question is "How to record transposing instruments ?"

The Key+ in the inspector applies the pitch shift after the MIDI data has been received, so playing a C for instance on your keyboard will always be recorded as a C.  The inspector Key+ will transpose it on playback (or after it echoes the recorded note) afterwards to a Bb.

What I'm unsure of is your intentions here.... if you need a score printed out afterwards, then the above method is definitely the way to do it, because the notes will be correct as far as the clarinet player is concerned.

If you want the notes to be the same as the other non-transposing instruments, then either:

• Simply don't transpose and play it in Bb; or
  • If your keyboard controller has a transpose feature, set it to -2 on the keyboard and play in C; or
  • Record it in C with the Key+ set to -2, but after recording set Key+ back to 0 and use Process->Transpose to transpose the MIDI data itself by -2.

Obviously with either of these three methods, any score will be showing the wrong notes for that instrument.