Audio Driver Mode help

Sgt G

I have my TD9 drums connected to a M Audio 192/6 audio interface to record music to my laptop. I then disconnect from the audio interface and go upstairs to a table to edit or mix the tracks. The problem then becomes that the laptop wont play the tracks through the speakers so I have to change the Audio Driver Mode to MME so I can select the speaker for playback. I had ASIO4ALL but had to delete it because it caused an issue with the M Audio interface and it wouldn't work. Any ideas that would prevent me from having to change setting to hear the playback? Thanks

are the speakers using the 192/6? or something else?

i think either way you should use the M-Audio drivers - i have a pair of M-Audio Delta (1010LT, 66) PCI cards in my desktop rig and they need to use the M-Audio driver (as limited as they are - at least they're clock sync'd to my UMC1820)

https://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers-search

AIR 192|61.0.310-09-2019AIR 192|6 Window Driver v1.0.3

It should be as simple as disconnecting your interface and windows sound should automatically become active. Just click the speaker icon in the tray and open sound settings and check all is working 

Then in Cakewalk change to WASAPI shared which is a good driver for editing.  
I do this all the time. 
You can’t use ASIO with out the interface so WASAPI is best. 

Edited by John Vere

I also forgot to add that it gives an error for 'Silent Buses Detected' and assigns the Master Bus to a silent hardware output. I don't like carrying around the audio interface just to listen to playback cause I don't want want to unhook the drums, headphones, and speakers. I'll try the WASAPI shared mode, thanks guys