Midi Foot Controller Driving Me Nuts.

Mark Rogers

Im trying to use my midi foot controller in cakewalk to control the effects and stomp boxes of Amplitube 4.

My foot pedal is home built using Arduino(uses CC commands) and works great in everything I need it too but I can not figure it out in cakewalk. All I want it to do is to be able to control Amplitube or really any other plugin I use. I was able to get it to read my expression pedal for Vol but all I want is that and to also being able to bypass the stomp boxes in Amp4 for guitar.

Surely this is possible I just cant get it going.

Any ideas,links anything to help,please.

I would also like to add that Im still fairly new to cakewalk but very new to midi in general.

EDIT: My midi foot controller connects to my PC by USB.

Is this my issue?

Edited by Mark Rogers

Does the MIDI foot controller show up in Preferences | MIDI | Devices under inputs.  If so is it selected?   That's the first thing you need to do

Then for the plugin you wish to control using the MIDI foot controller, Check the “enable MIDI input” on the VST menu on the plugin window menu.

Once that is sorted then you need to create a MIDI track with its input set to the MIDI foot controller (Press I to bring up the inspector > under “in/out” down the bottom).  Near that same area, the output of that MIDI track needs to be set to whatever your plugin is you want to control.  Your plugin should appear on the drop-down, along with any other MIDI devices you have.  It will only appear if you have checked the “enable MIDI input” on the VST menu on the plugin window menu.

30 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Does the MIDI foot controller show up in Preferences | MIDI | Devices under inputs.  If so is it selected?   That's the first thing you need to do

Then for the plugin you wish to control using the MIDI foot controller, Check the “enable MIDI input” on the VST menu on the plugin window menu.

Once that is sorted then you need to create a MIDI track with its input set to the MIDI foot controller (Press I to bring up the inspector > under “in/out” down the bottom).  Near that same area, the output of that MIDI track needs to be set to whatever your plugin is you want to control.  Your plugin should appear on the drop-down, along with any other MIDI devices you have.  It will only appear if you have checked the “enable MIDI input” on the VST menu on the plugin window menu.

Thank you.

I will look into your suggestion.

I do have it selected under preferences and devices just couldnt figure out how to get it to work after that step.

4 hours ago, Promidi said:

Thank you very much.

Got it working with your help. It was still a bit of trouble to get it to work but got it after lot of tinkering. 

Thanks again.