Bandlab Assistant Stuck on Installing

John Cross

Question

So earlier today I had a notification to update Bandlab/Cakewalk. It failed and I retried multiple times. I uninstalled and when I attempted to reinstall the Setup just hangs.

Things I've done:
- I tried reinstalling three times before leaving it running from 7am-4pm while I was out.
- Disabled all antivirus protection and firewall.
- Removed everything relating to Bandlab/Cakewalk including things in the registry.
- Updated all drivers.
- Made sure W10 was up to date.
- Ran the Setup as Admin.
- Watched the few YouTube tutorials I could find, none of which addressed this specific issue.

It always stops at this exact spot. Please help, I'm frustrated and exhausted.

bl.png

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, John Cross said:

So earlier today I had a notification to update Bandlab/Cakewalk. It failed and I retried multiple times. I uninstalled and when I attempted to reinstall the Setup just hangs.

Things I've done:
- I tried reinstalling three times before leaving it running from 7am-4pm while I was out.
- Disabled all antivirus protection and firewall.
- Removed everything relating to Bandlab/Cakewalk including things in the registry.
- Updated all drivers.
- Made sure W10 was up to date.
- Ran the Setup as Admin.
- Watched the few YouTube tutorials I could find, none of which addressed this specific issue.

It always stops at this exact spot. Please help, I'm frustrated and exhausted.

bl.png

Long shot--did you look to see if there was a hidden dialog box waiting for a reply?  I had that happened once and now know to look for it.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Long shot--did you look to see if there was a hidden dialog box waiting for a reply?  I had that happened once and now know to look for it.

Oh boy, I wish it was that simple - thanks for the suggestion though!