Ride of the Nightmares.

Wookiee

This track was as much about experimenting with the new arranger function recently introduced into CbB.

I create a collection of themes and passages of different lengths, about five in all. Then using the Arrange function I chopped them up into four or five bar phrases. It did create some chaos with the Aftertouch on the CS 80-V but nothing that could not be easily adjusted.

Which I then created 5 different arrangements.  When I had got one I liked I add EzBass to create a Bass line.

Arturia's OBxA V and CS 80 V

Toontrack's SD 3  Room's of Hansa Meistersaal kit and EzBass

The result:-

Ride of the Nightmares 

Thanks for the ears and your time.

• Like 2

Wookie
I was expecting something disjointed by your description but it's not. I'm really liking what you came up with. The bass line is way toe tapping, head bobbing infectious. EZBass came up with that?  I like the banshee bits for the Nightmare too. Very well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I was expecting something disjointed

Well we all some of them on occasions, thank Bjorn you are too kind sir.

Yes EzBass did sort of extract the bass line.  It is not perfect though and requires a few edits to tidy it up.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 4:35 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

liked the galloping drum beat in this one

+1 to that.

On 8/27/2020 at 8:31 AM, Lynn said:

nice experiment that will probably influence me to give the arranger a try

I'll second that too!

👍

t

man am I behind on my reviewing, damn this good weather; its keeping me busy all day....

• Thanks 1

Very spooky stuff.  clever.
It felt nightmareish!!

The older I get the harder it is to listen to music like this (disjointed)  and I mean that in a positive way.
Is it because we are sat at our benches listening to music in a standard melodic way??
The strange thing is when Im doing live work every-week I can spot an instrument out of tune straight away and it cuts through me.
Also find I dont enjoy concerts if a band is out of tune etc.

Are we influenced by our daily listening preferences that we are not able to a certain existent to appreciate other kinds of music???
Some might not call it music??  My grandfather wouldn't for sure...  lol
One genre I cant get into is trash metal...  its just a massive noise to me.

So there is not a misunderstanding I am not knocking wookies music...  just bringing up a theme about music I have been thinking a lot about lately.
How to appreciate other genre.

Edited by garybrun
  • Thanks 1

@garybrun I think the ears become more sensitive to jarring sounds and odd pitch as part of our self preservation.  As one get older one get a little slower better to react sooner than later that strange sound might just be something hunting for lunch.

Thank you very much for your time and your ears, (Sorry if i hurt them ;) ) I appreciate your comments to.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

@garybrun I think the ears become more sensitive to jarring sounds and odd pitch as part of our self preservation.  As one get older one get a little slower better to react sooner than later that strange sound might just be something hunting for lunch.

Thank you very much for your time and your ears, (Sorry if i hurt them ;) ) I appreciate your comments to.

Thanks for you understanding pal.
Thats quite a good explanation there regarding that I may be lunch  🙂

• Haha 1