No Instruments & No Audio Playback

ZZ

Question

Hello. I am BRAND NEW to all of this audio/music production stuff so, I apologize in advance for my ignorance.
I just recently purchased the Casio CT-X700 keyboard and have been trying to get it to work using the MIDI USB on the back.

When I plugged it into my computer, (Windows 10 btw), it detected the keyboard without any issues. I installed everything in the cakewalk software installation.

When everything was done installing, I followed a tutorial that showed me how to make sure cakewalk was using my keyboard as the input device.
It was in the preferences that I realized that I couldn't seem to find my audio playback devices anywhere. The only devices that were showing up were "Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO..." and so on. Which are lines that I have never even made or used.

My main audio devices for my PC are ones that I installed called "Virtual Audio Cable - Line 1", Line 2, Line 3, etc. but none of that is an option to select in my Audio Devices tab. Or any tab for that matter.
In the MIDI Devices tab, I have my Casio as the input and the only other option for output is something called "Microsft GS Wavetable Synth." Which I have never heard of before but I tested out the audio with it checked and unchecked and there was still no audio.

I eventually tried changing  Driver Mode from ASIO to MME-32bit, and audio started to BARELY play but was also extremely static-y. So I changed it back to ASIO.

I then went to browse all of my instrument options and I only have "Default TTS1", and "Cakewalk TTS1" when I have seen other people with dozens of instruments.

I did add the "General MIDI" option for the Cakewalk TTS1 and that started to give SOME playback but it was very quiet, and had about a 1-2 second delay between when I would hit the keys, and when it would play the sound back. AND I was having to hit the keys relatively hard just to get it to pick up that I was playing. 

Any help resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

1 answer to this question

From the description above, the only audio device available to Cakewalk is the internal sound chip.

If this is the case, select one of the WASAPI driver modes in preferences and select the RealTek audio input and output devices in preferences.

The Casio is fine for a MIDI input device. Do not select anything for a MIDI output device.

TTS-1 is the only soft synth in the core Cakewalk installer. It should work to get setup.

Additional instrument are available from the "Install Add-ons..." option in the BA menu shown below

AcbBZK7.png