Lady Moon Selune

Wookiee

34 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Thank you Bjorn Voltage Modular is to blame thanks again.

Thank you Nigel. 

Obliviously Daryl I am known for my sarcasm and sneering nature.  Thank you,

PS you will no longer find me in C/SUG I had enough. 

RTFM

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

so clear what drums do you use

Thank you Paul, superior Drummer 3 Ayotte  default kit 1884 Mbytes I think, my DAW is PC is not running at the moment, it might have been a Rooms of Hansa kit though, I will check and get back to you.

I then use Boz Digital's Dave Bendeth +10dB Compressor acting as  a Buss compressor. 

Well done, Wookie!  I, too, like the drums, though I can hear it with Latin or Celtic percussion, too.  One of the benefits of SD3 is that it can be mapped to play AD2 beats, so if you have a number of Midipacks from AD2, they sound great using SD3 samples.  Keep up the good work! 

• Thanks 1

@Grem and @Lynn Thank you both glad you enjoyed it.

Interesting on the AD 2 MIDI packs Michael but I only have a few of those.  SD 3 comes with a plethora of MIDI and I have weakened in to a couple of other packs and SDX's.  The MIDI that comes with Orchestral SDX is quite interesting as it has a section of drumming rudiments., which can be used and repurposed on different kits. 

Love your stuff, Wook. This one, too. Very evocative, and has a hypnotic vibe to it. Drums sound nice, and fit in quite well to the overall vibe. 

The one thing that did sort of distract me a bit -- the side-to-side panning of the lead, which I wondered was maybe a bit too strident. But that is strictly a minor thing. Nice piece!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

The one thing that did sort of distract me a bit

Thanks for the ears, like many things when one uses Modular synths somethings are not always quite under your control as you would like.  The Pan is controlled by an extremely slow LFO, (Low Frequency Oscillator) which in turn is being controlled but a slow LFO. So the speed fo the Panning varies over time and over playback to playback. It probably does not help that there are two parts plying the lead voice one is panned the other is not.

Again thanks for your time and ears it is really appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed it.