Plug-in Layout [not] broken by recent update?

ChristopherM

• 3 weeks later...

Oops! Sorry, Steve @scook- I must not have email alerts turned on for the new forum, so I didn't know that you had replied. Thanks for your reply.

I no longer can see  any way to select a custom layout, although I can switch freely between the three "sort by" categories.  I can open, edit, save the custom layouts  via "manage layouts" (which opens  Cakewalk Plug-in Manager). But there is no longer any way to select a custom layout. I can't even remember how that used to happen - it was a reflex, like so many things in familiar software.

I've checked Preferences and I can't see anything that seems relevant. The File Location setting is pointing to the correct folder.

With your encyclopaedic knowledge of the inner workings, can you think of anything I can try?

@Noel Borthwick Thanks for looking at this Noel. In the Help that you reference, I can not see how to invoke an already created .pgl file. I confess that I just can't remember how I used to do this, because I had structured layouts for synths and fx and I rarely needed to invoke anything else. (Editing the layouts in plug-in manager was enough to keep them up-to-date).

Thanks, Steve - that's where I thought they should be, but all I have in that area are two grey lines between Sort by Type and Scan VST Folders. They are not on a compressed drive and they appear to be exactly where Preferences expects (and Plug-in Manager seems to find them without problem). I'm not feeling like uninstalling and reinstalling Cakewalk so, unless you've got any better ideas, I'll try deleting the existing pgl files and creating them afresh in Plug-in Manager. I'll report back when I've tried that.

Steve - you have hit the nail on the head! The drive is not compressed, but when I went to delete the existing pgl files, I noticed that the Compress Contents, Encrypt, and Read Only attributes were set for every file in the folder. I've unset them, restarted CbB and the menus are back! It's not obvious to me why those attributes were set, and it seems interesting that Plug-in Manager doesn't seem to care, but CbB does. Space occasionally gets tight on the drive, so perhaps Windows automatically turns compression on. Thank you so much for your help!

• 6 months later...

Thank You everyone, this one has been driving me insane for a while.

Windows 10 had decided to Compress everything in the \AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\ and all sub folders

The only clue that this has happened is that your Custom Plugin Layouts disappear!