Superior and other soft synths - Freeze Button Gray?

Max Arwood

Superior and other soft synths Freeze button Gray? I have seen this a few times.  I have a project I NEED to freeze SD3.  Its killing my CPU! The only thing is - the freeze button is grayed out.  It is not frozen, but will not allow me to freeze it.  I have seen this before when I archived Ambient mike channel, but in this project there are no tracks associated with SD to cause this.

Any Ideas?

Possibly the Synth audio track Input  has gotten mixed up. Check that it’s Set to come from the correct output of the synth you are trying to freeze.  
Also, it may be the synth or the one that the input is set to is Disconnected in the Synth Rack View.  That will cause the freeze button to gray. You can recconect from the Synth Rack View (click the synth you want to change, then click the down arrow next to the word Synth Rack, look for ‘synth th connected to be checked, click to toggle)

Edited by Blogospherianman
  • Like 1

Yes, thanks. The track has been frozen and unfrozen dozens of times. I thought is was a frozen track or something like that.  I just inserted another SD then routed all the midi tracks to it and took the old audio"synth" tracks and reassigned them to the new SD. Then deleted the old SD. It worked fine, But why gray I still don't know??  I will check the connect in it later.  Didn't even know about that connected arrow  hidden menu!

Thanks