Change all tracks controller TYPE?

Chaotica

Apologies if this is answered already...or even blatantly obvious!

I'm working on some old projects created with softsynths, soundfonts, VST's etc.

I now need to change ALL tracks per project (or even globally!) from Contoller0 to Normal.  Have tried selecting all tracks and holding ctr while changing controller type in prochannel but it only seems to change type for last selected/highlighted track.

Please, is there a way, blindingly obvious or otherwise, to change ALL tracks at once?  

On 7/14/2020 at 3:47 AM, Chaotica said:

I now need to change ALL tracks per project (or even globally!) from Contoller0 to Normal.  Have tried selecting all tracks and holding ctr while changing controller type in prochannel but it only seems to change type for last selected/highlighted track.

1 hour ago, Chaotica said:

Disappointing lack of responses.☹️

Is it the way I phrased the question...or is just too dumb to be worth answering?

I started to reply, but I am only familiar with that setting as it pertains to bank switching methods and decided that was probably not what you were talking about (since you didn't say anything about bank switching).  If you were, then the way you phrased the question definitely caused me not to reply.

Also, I am a novice when it comes to using the Prochannel, I didn't see anything to change from Controller0 to Normal there, and assumed that someone who uses ProChannel Tools might know what the reference was to. 

Ohhhhh.  Just found it at the bottom of the Inspector:    image.png.aef0a98c69b5fd9a0cdce9fee405ac23.png  And it looks like you were talking about bank switching method.

Sec.  I will try to reconstruct what I started to test back when I first saw the Q. 

UPDATE:  Just did a quick test and it worked for me. Let me test again.

Basically here's what I did:

image.png.c116638b7a43b2b6b43332f34e98f3e1.png

FWIW, there's this in the Instrument Definition wizard:

image.png.6a21802eceb3bfa5981f33a798d2a0fb.png

I never defined my instruments this way; I just edited *.ins files directly.  But maybe you can tweak all of your Instrument definitions in this dialog, or create/tweak a "NEW" Definition with Bank Selection = Normal and just assign that Definition to all channels.

PS: I cannot speak to why others didn't reply, but your lack of referencing Bank Switching dissuaded me from replying.  I had started to explore this when I first saw your post.  Also, your reference to ProChannel distracted me from looking in the Inspector.

Anyhow, hope this helps.

Edited by User 905133
to update response
  • Like 1

Thanks.  I realised how clumsy my phrasing was just after I sent it...   :/

I am of course talking about Bank Selection (though I omitted to refer to it as such!) and kudos for managing to decipher my query perfectly.

I appear to have been approaching the issue from the wrong direction (ie loading a project THEN changing all the tracks bank selection to new hardware, Roland Integra7)

Your last graphic showing the inst definition wiz may be the key, possibly utilising the 'define'  function for Bank Selection Methods.  I'll experiment.

I'm pretty sure that, with your pointers and once I've got my non-tech/naive head around instrument definitions, I can conquer this.

Again, thank you for responding, decoding(!) and pointing me in the right direction.  

• Like 1