kc23

Fix/Update-External Insert true mono send and return

I raised the issue of (lack of) mono inserts with Cakewalk back in the 'Gibson' days and after some initial denial, I did get acknowledgement of the issue and it was supposed to have been put on the 'to do list'.   I did contact the Bandlab team and it is a known issue to them but so far I don't think there is a timeline for getting it fixed.

I use a lot of mono analogue devices in my mixdown chain and having to write off every other A/D and D/A is not great.

Hopefully we will get a fix commitment with timeline from Bandlab soon.

• Like 4

Agree agree agree, this is definitely an issue. 

Also, when you insert an External Insert on ANY channel, you can't solo any bus or aux track. If you do, no audio hits the master fader and the result is total silence. This is another bug. 

This really needs an update. 

HW insert also screws my automation sync (always off time) if I use more than one instance of it.   something with the compensation must be faulty... please fix.

14 hours ago, Light Grenade said:

Agree agree agree, this is definitely an issue. 

Also, when you insert an External Insert on ANY channel, you can't solo any bus or aux track. If you do, no audio hits the master fader and the result is total silence. This is another bug. 

This really needs an update. 

Yes this is really annoying +1

On 9/3/2020 at 7:22 AM, Jakub Maggi Malášek said:

my rack of 500 needs this mono external insert so muuuuch!

500 rack and tabletop synth/processors was the use case that came to me. This stuff is getting popular.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:12 AM, norfolkmastering said:

I raised the issue of (lack of) mono inserts with Cakewalk back in the 'Gibson' days and after some initial denial, I did get acknowledgement of the issue and it was supposed to have been put on the 'to do list'.   I did contact the Bandlab team and it is a known issue to them but so far I don't think there is a timeline for getting it fixed.

I use a lot of mono analogue devices in my mixdown chain and having to write off every other A/D and D/A is not great.

Hopefully we will get a fix commitment with timeline from Bandlab soon.

I referenced this post about the external insert in the update thread, and it also got acknowledged there by Noel, although with the same answer about it being in the "to do list".

Also, I see a lot of other issues and requests get almost immediate response from the developers. But, after two months, 25 replies and 510 views, not this one. Not even a comment about the request, or maybe a timeline as to when we could expect this fix... or if they can offer at least a temporal alternative... or even if they would be able to fix it. 

To be honest, that´s a little disappointing, to say the least.

I´m one of the many people that bought in to the gibson lifetime offer, and one of the reasons I did it was the hope that by supporting the company, this issue would get a solution. Glad to see there are lots of other users wanting and hoping for a solution too.

But so far, it would seem we will have to keep waiting... or start (or keep) shopping around for another daw that has a better developed feature for this.

Love Cakewalk, but can´t keep an empty hope and so far, it seems it is exactly what this is.

Nevertheless will try to keep a bit of faith on that "to do list" for a little while  more.