Dual transport devices?

Dave Green

Question

Hi everyone, is it possible to use two different transport devices at the same time in a project?
I want to use the transport controls on my Maudio Oxygen 61 but also the transport controls on a Korg NanoKontrol 2 which is out of reach of my PC on my SL88 controller.
I need both for composing on my desktop and then record when I move over to my SL88, piano etc.
I have setup ACT surfaces for each of them individually but cant seem to find a way to link both.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Dave Green said:

Hi everyone, is it possible to use two different transport devices at the same time in a project?
I want to use the transport controls on my Maudio Oxygen 61 but also the transport controls on a Korg NanoKontrol 2 which is out of reach of my PC on my SL88 controller.
I need both for composing on my desktop and then record when I move over to my SL88, piano etc.
I have setup ACT surfaces for each of them individually but cant seem to find a way to link both.

Thanks in advance.

I use a Mackie MCU/XT/C4 and a nanoKontrol 2 at the same time in my studio. The Mackie MCU/XT/C4 is in front of my monitor, and the nanoKONTROL 2 is on the wall next to my vocal mic.

I set them up as separate MackieControl surfaces.

• Thanks 1

Thanks msmcleod.

I thought that I could only have one control surface input device active at a time but reading your answer I realized that if I just set up both devices then both sets of ACT settings for both devices will be active.

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.