Cakewalk won't record Left and Right Audio Tracks

I'm a longtime Sonar user who has recently migrated to Cakewalk/Bandlab.  I have it on two Windows 10 machines, a laptop and a PC. I use a Behringer Uphoria UM22 two track audio interface.This morning I was recording guitar on the laptop in the Right channel, which is a 1/4 inch jack input. This afternoon I  went to record two channels simultaneously on the PC, with a condenser mic on the Left Mic/Line channel, and an acoustic guitar through effects on the right Line channel. I have done this many times before in Sonar, no trouble. I selected the correct Track Inputs for each channel. However today, when I went to record, the Left mic input recorded on both channels. I did the Track Input selection again, and same thing happened. I restarted the computer, did Wave Profiling in Preferences. When I play the guitar I can hear it in the headphones with its effects. This shows the signal is getting to the Behringer fine, but there is no signal being recorded from the right channel. However I the dry guitar signal is being recirded oin both Left and Right channels by the microphone...

Very odd! Can anyone explain what might be happening?

Further info: After I select the Right input in the I/O box, it shows a Right in the channel overview on the left. However, if I then click on the box and click on Selected Track Input Series, the 'Assign Series of Inputs' box comes up, showing the Left channel has been selected. If I select the Right Input in this dropdown, the same thing repeats... This has never happened before. I've swapped USB leads and USB inputs on my PC, but no joy. Please can someone chip in with a suggestion or two here...

Well, one thing is to check what driver mode you are using. You mentioned running the "Wave Profiling". Are you not using ASIO as a driver mode? You may have to uninstall and re-install your audio driver. You could also start a new project and see if it still has the same problem. If not it would indicate some kind of project file corruption.