I am a newb when it comes to digital recording. I have downloaded and updated the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlabs. I use a Windows 10 bases PC and a Line 6 Helix for a guitar interface via USB. I always have issues when I start up with a pop up saying that "no audio devices for your current driver model. " I also have issues with using the drum machine (virtual instrument). I can't hear or record the track. What is the basic set up on my PC I need to enable to record basic bass, guitar, and midi drums with my Line 6 Helix?

Very frustrated,

CalEliteCoach2319

In your preferences, second from the the top of the list, is a Driver selection section.  Look in there. If you are just using an on board sound card, it may not have an ASIO driver so you'll need to switch to WASAPI or something else.  The different driver settings have different latency (and stability) characteristics. 

A quick scan of the internets reveals that MAYBE the Helix has ASIO. In that case, you need to select the appropriate interface in the Devices section (Very top section). ASIO is exclusive to ONE interface, so you'd need to deselect the onboard card and select the Helix (or use WASAPI)