Using Orchestra tools Layers as vst

Cristian Jorge A. Kusch

Question

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, scook said:

It sound like you are pointing the scanner to where the sample library is stored.

This library uses the Orchestral Tools Sines player. This player should be installed in the VST scan path not the sample library.

This thread may be useful

Hi thanks for reply. I moved the Sine installation folder to  C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins

But it still it doesn't find it. ?

It is not clear what you moved.

It is unlikely anything in appdata is part of the plug-in unless you inadvertently forced the plug-in to be installed under appdata.

The installer available at https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/get-sine provides an option to install the plug-in. I believe this tries to install in a VST plug-ins folder somewhere in "Program Data" by default. This should be installed in the existing VST scan path.

Rather than try to sling files around by hand, it may be more productive to uninstall and re-run the SINE_Player_1.0.2.436.exe and install the plug-in correctly.

Thanks, Cristian! Been struggling with this for days now. SINE wasn't recognized in Cakewalk or Reaper. Just adding that folder to my VST locations did it! Still, the question remains: why isn't it automatically recognized?? Oh well, just a theoretical question at this point, because for me, the issue is resolved!