Solo Tracks Pointing to Midi Tracks

Dave Wilkinson

Question

Hello, I use Cakewalk to edit Type 1 Midi files.
hat is happening now is when I solo a synth e.g. TTS-1 the green indicator comes on on the synth track but does not come on on any of the midi tracks that are pointing to that synth.
For example, say if I have Midi track 1 (e.g. Piano) pointing to the 1st TTS-1 Synth in my rack and Midi  track 2 (e.g Sax) pointing to the 2nd TTS-1 synth in my rack, when I solo either one of them no solo green indicator comes on on either Midi track 1 or 2. 
Also, no sound is heard. The only way I can hear sound is to solo the midi track.
This never used to happen.
The result is if I have an old file that has, say, TTS-3 in it, I can't easily tell which midi track is pointing to it.
Thank you for your help.

1 answer to this question

Hmmm... I can confirm the MIDI track solo button doesn't light, but it does continue to be heard in my case.  Not sure when this changed, but in the past users have actually complained that it wasn't intuitive that all MIDI tracks driving a multitimbral synth would be soloed when you soloed any output even though it's neessary because Cakewalk can't know how channels relate to outputs within the synth.