Export again or resample?

treesha

If I have a wav file that is 24 bit and 48,000 Hz and want to change it to 24 bit 44,100 Hz I can think of a few ways to do it. I can export the file from the 24 bit 48,000 Hz project file at 24 bit 44,100 Hz. I have already mastered the 24 bit 48,000 Hz file with Ozone 9 master assistant and did some adjusting so the eq, dynamic eq, maximizer, imager and exicter modules are engaged. So I can resample that mastered 24 bit 48,000 Hz file down to 24 bit 44,100Hz either in Izotope RX7 or Sound Forge (are either of these better to resample in?) So is it a better idea to go back to the project where I exported the 24 bit 48,000 Hz file and export at 24 bit 44,100 Hz or is it just as good to resample the mastered file down to 24 bit 44,100 Hz. From listening to such type things in the past, I doubt that I would be able to hear a difference if I compared both methods unless the resample method is terrible, but there may be good sound quality etc reasons to do one or the other that I am unfamiliar with. Thanks for any comments or suggestions, treesha