One of my childhood heroes was shot in my backyard...

Rain

Well, not literally, but, close enough...

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/rock-icon-injured-in-las-vegas-shooting-3190085/

I often go out to take pictures of the night sky in the middle of the night, or jogging just before dawn and think something like that could happen - just a random drive by, and poof, you're gone. Who'll feed my cat?

Anyway, I am glad to know that Lee will recover fully.

Edited by Rain

14 hours ago, Rain said:

Lee will recover fully.

Wow, Jake E Lee was literally shot in the dark, one step away from you. (Come on, even Jake would laugh at that one 😉)

Seriously, Ive been a huge fan since the 80s. My band always covered a couple Jake era Ozzy songs. He's a great player, a great writer and a sweet guy. I'm glad he's gonna fully recover.

Btw, Thanks for posting. I hadn't heard that news.

• Like 1

A couple of decades ago, a friend's mother was shot in the head thru the wall of her home by a drive by shooter (actually a whole group of them in a vehicle).  She lived for a while but never woke up. :( 

When they caught the shooters (some of them at least), turns out they went to the wrong place and decided to shoot it up anyway. 😠

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, craigb said:

"Random drive-by??!"  WTF??!  What the hell is wrong with people??! 🤬

On a more fun note... "Who'll feed my cat?"  Wait... You only have ONE cat now?  I thought you had about eight! 😂

I'm not sure how random, but there was a drive-by just down the street from here a few years ago - a couple hundred ft from my doorstep. And this is a very quiet neighborhood. So I have remained very much aware that this can happen. I've seen pictures of stray bullets in walls and appliances on Nextdoor in nearby parts of town. One guy had a bullet that went through a wall and lodged itself in the fridge door.  Imagine going to the bathroom during the night then making a quick stop to grab a glass of milk from the fridge - and poof, you are no more...

I don't worry about it, but it wasn't really a shock to read about Lee. It is a crazy world.

Also reminded me of another rock guitar great/fellow Las Vegan who got hit a few decades ago in L.A.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-bruce-kulick-shot/

Edited by Rain

3 hours ago, Amberwolf said:

A couple of decades ago, a friend's mother was shot in the head thru the wall of her home by a drive by shooter (actually a whole group of them in a vehicle).  She lived for a while but never woke up. :( 

When they caught the shooters (some of them at least), turns out they went to the wrong place and decided to shoot it up anyway. 😠

I'm sorry to hear about that! 

That just happened four months ago in Gresham Oregon near where I used to own a house for my Mom (they put 20 bullets into the wrong house!).  About three years ago, there were two separate drive-by shootings within a short distance of where I live in Vancouver Washington (one at a corner only a few hundred feet away).

Way back in 1987, I went in on a VA repo house with a friend and, during the two months we were fixing it up to resell, it was hit twice by stray drive-by bullets thanks to the next door neighbors being the leaders of the Southwest Wilmington gang... 

I obviously am not happy with these type events, but neither are they within my control so I chose not to let them bother me.  When it's my time to go it will be my time.

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, craigb said:

No...  The areas with the least number of guns and the strictest gun laws (like Chicago) have the most gun violence.

I'm talking about the lack of values people demonstrate now-a-days.

I tried to find the article but can't. So I can't provide a link to the numbers, but, I read recently that if you take out the cities with the strictest laws, the U.S. has one of the lowest gun violence rates in the world.

Law abiding people simply don't do things like this. It has nothing to do with the tool of choice these lowlife degenerates use.

I know there are a lot of retired Seal's that would love to take care of the inner city problems. And nobody would even know they were there.

• Like 1