Dark Spanish Night

mark skinner

Hello , here is an acoustic instrumental I'm trying to finish up. It's Pretty simple and almost ambiant sounding. I'm using my Godin nylon strung guitar and cello for the most part. I had a nice time with the short cello part dragging the bow across "chime" locations. I need to work on that . I got an almost flute type sound in one quick passage.  Any suggestions for improvement will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks ..   mark

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14861009

• Like 5

I downloaded the file after listening to the MP3, it is very cool stuff, one observation the left channel is consistently louder then the right by a couple of dB's also the left chanel looks clipped in so much as all the peaks are identical but the right is not so.  See below.

Cropped.png.14b5f4023d45c2299bf76a3cca1eff6e.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks @bjornpdx, "mournful" was the description I was actually looking for when describing the cello. It never came to me so I just left that part out. 

Thank You @Wookiee.  I was hearing the difference a little also. Watching the master meter it was pretty obvious. The main guitar playing the repeating chords is panned left. It was done with a large condenser mic as opposed to DI for the other tracks. I backed the volume off on it and moved some of the panning on the other guitars further to the right. I obviously didn't get the job done. Thanks for the screenshot , that made a good visible impact.  I also used the legacy "tempo delay" on quite a few tracks. The "L/R/C on the beat" preset also hits pretty hard on the left side on the end of the phrases. I'll see if I can get this resolved asap.  I Really appreciate your help.

Thanx @DeeringAmps I'll probably see how far I can take that flutish cello sound before too long. Appreciate the SC comment..

Thanx @Keith Wilby  I Appreciate the listen and comment. I for sure don't think you learned any new chords on this one 😁   I'm just walking down  Am/G/F/E. I am tuned down a half step and keeping the high E string open on the F.

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I'll have a short vocal section at end before I repost this.         Later ..   mark  

• Like 3