Melodyne's Unique EQ

bitflipper

That is a good find. I admit I totally blew off ever delving into some of the nuances that got added into Melodyne, but some of what he is doing in this video is very similar to what Scaler EQ focuses on. There are definitely differences between the two, and I am assuming this is geared more towards post-production only.

Ironically, my biggest "complaint" going from 3 Editor to 5 Studio was it takes 5-6 times longer to open an entire score (commercial master) so I always hoped for a "bypass" option for the added "note manipulations" I never seem to touch.

This or something very similar to it is in Melda's AutoDynamic EQ. You can even put an overlay of a keyboard on the screen iirc.

I've used it more for repairing bad samples and recordings I made, but not a lot. It's very easy to mess things up with this for an amateur like me.

3 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

It's very easy to mess things up with this

Fortunately, CTL-Z works for every edition of Melodyne.

Which of course doesn't prevent a truly motivated user from screwing things up. I have some old projects from when I was first finding my way around Melodyne to prove it.

8 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Fortunately, CTL-Z works for every edition of Melodyne.

Which of course doesn't prevent a truly motivated user from screwing things up. I have some old projects from when I was first finding my way around Melodyne to prove it.

I always liked V-Vocal. I got pretty good results with it very easily. Not to say I don't like Melodyne.

I took an old recording a few years ago and did an entire key change on the second half of the song and it's impossible to tell it was done with software.

My problem is I've always had a terrible listening environment when mixing. I could never really hear the full effect of changes until I got in my truck.

I think I'm at least one version behind on Melodyne. I can't wait to get a studio set up, get everything upgraded, and dive back in to it. I'm going to have to upgrade my PC too. Oh darn. 😁