Just one thought about creative tools

Astraios

One day the entire PC and computer world was in the hands of men and then women took control of the steering wheel through the smartphone revolution... and suddenly a lot of things were possible that were previously unthinkable. The question was, what should a smartphone GUI and software be like so that women can understand it too. I hope that one day this will also prevail in the world of DAWs and Plugins. We have tenthousand things and ideas here, but nothing works properly (together). Stubbornness and vanity block the way to creativity

• Meh 1

On 8/20/2024 at 12:26 PM, Astraios said:

what should a smartphone GUI and software be like so that women can understand it too. I hope that one day this will also prevail in the world of DAWs and Plugins.

Why don't you ask the ghosts of Ada Lovelace and Grace Hopper?

There are plenty of women who understand DAW's better than I (male) do and plenty of men who will never get a handle on DAW's. Understandability of any given type of software has nothing to do with the gender of the user.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

Posted (edited)

How many women listen to music and how many pactise it?  Beatles, Roll St, Led Zep, Doors, Kinks, Bee Gees, T. Rex, Slade, on and on - so many women on the scene... (dream along, ha,ha, has nothing to do with gender) To become good in Snooker, you have to train 6 hours a day - and so with Sonar too - who wants to spent so much time for something so frustrating...? (and expensive that even doesn't work fine....). So women are useally more praktically and ask themselv --> why should I do this?

Edited by Astraios
  • Meh 1

On 8/20/2024 at 2:26 PM, Astraios said:

One day the entire PC and computer world was in the hands of men and then women took control of the steering wheel through the smartphone revolution... and suddenly a lot of things were possible that were previously unthinkable. The question was, what should a smartphone GUI and software be like so that women can understand it too. I hope that one day this will also prevail in the world of DAWs and Plugins. We have tenthousand things and ideas here, but nothing works properly (together). Stubbornness and vanity block the way to creativity

What a misogynist jerk!