Where does NEXT fit in the Bandlab / Cakewalk stable of software? Where is its future?

Where does Cakewalk NEXT fit, this new ground up version of CW going?

Its big adv is CROSS PLATFORM as Sonar IS NOT. It does have the XSAMPLER built in. I like NEXTs simplicity ( me a very longtime user of CW, since 90s ).

From a marketing perspective i really dont get where NEXT is. Its part of the current sub I think, so you get new SONAR and NEXT. WHY? Whats the point? Most likely you will use SONAR over NEXT feature wise?

NEXT is a groundup new DAW, where does it fit one wonders? In my view it should be marketed seperately instead of chucked in as an "aside" with Sonar.

I was hoping .. at least .. they would provide a path to NEXT for those in the BETA ( I was in that ) but they cut us off at the June update ( as in more updates ).

NEXT still seems to be in Beta ( see link below ). 

https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/contentful/

I also note in the DISCORD Channel that the updates thread stopped at start of July - Beta Version 1.0.1.133

I'm not sure why this is so confusing. Cakewalk makes multiple products. We always did. In fact decades ago we had a DAW called project 5 that was sold alongside SONAR for several years.

Next is primarily targeted to songwriters and creators and is a streamlined yet powerful interface for users who dislike the complexity in other DAWs.

Bandlab membership offers both products along with a bunch of other benefits. You aren't exclusively getting Sonar you're purchasing a bundle of services. There is no compulsion to use all of them and there are many who are on Mac's only who would never use Sonar, so it makes complete sense to have Next in the bundle.

And Next is no longer in beta. It's officially released as part of Bl Membership as is Sonar. We have an ongoing beta program for both Sonar and Next like we do for all our products.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Living Room Rocker said:

Project 5!

there were many happy users of this, inc me, and on the forums we got into a discussion with cake (dan was it?) about how it needed - and apparently would get - a x64 build, yada yada yada, then it just got dropped, no warning to users, such a shame